Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bhindi Besan Fry

A crunchy fried bhindi....can be served with a hot cup of tea or with some hot rice daal. I love to eat it alone because of its little sour taste. Do try this recipe, it takes only few minutes to cook.


Ingredients:


1. Bhindi (Lady's finger)- 15 to 20
2. Besan (gram flour)- 1/2 cup
3. Cornflour- 2 tbs
4. Vinegar- 1/2 cup
5. Red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp                          
6. Dry mango powder- 1 tsp
7. Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tsp
8. Salt to taste
9. Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
10. White pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
11. Oil to deep fry

Procedure:


Cut the ends of the bhindis and slice along the length. In a large bowl mix besan , cornflour, salt , chilly powder, mango powder , cumin powder , pepper and ginger-garlic paste.  Mix everything well. Add the vinegar slowly and mix every time. Make a paste of it. This paste should not be too watery or else it will not coat the bhindis well. 


One can also make the paste using water instead of vinegar. But vinegar gives a nice sourness to the coating and it binds really well. Now dip the bhindis in this batter and heat oil in a kadhayi to fry them. The oil should be medium hot for frying the bhindis. If it is too hot , the coating will start getting burnt before the bhindi is cooked from inside. After frying keep them on paper napkin to soak excess oil and serve hot bhindi besan fry.


Do not forget to participate in the event Bake with your heart.

20 comments:

  1. Looks super delicious n crispy and inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything deep fried is yummy...luv your okra fry:)
    Lifescoops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting I never have bhindis ,I love mango taste,but i never have dry mango powder ,looks good :)
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog almost a year back while I was Googling for pani puri recipe. Saw way too many but yours seemed the simplest. And it did come out really well. For me that was a really big thing because I was a 'kitchen idiot' (I used to be unaware to my home kitchen settings except for sugar, sauces etc.)according to my mom, till the month before I attempted pani puri :) I so desperately wanted to make Pani Puri because I love it but can't eat it outside.

    Ever since, I sincerely read your posts. The paneer tikka kebab recipes you had posted was so awesome. It came out so well that my friend even compared that to the heavenly kebab's we ate in Purple Haze, Outer Ring Road, Blr.

    When the stuff that I cook turns out nice, I feel so good. At least half the credit should go to you. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore crispy bhindi anytime..a perfect tea time snack or with rice & sambhar..Your looks perfect khushi!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super crispy bhindi fry,looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone :)
    @ Gayathri...thanks a lot for such a sweet comment....you made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! Fritters and I are best friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fabulous & delicious! I thought I was following you, but I wasn't. Now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look so inviting . wait I will get some coffee to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice one. Bhindi is my favorite. Thank you for sharing.



    ICSE Admission Mumbai | Mumbai schools

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...