Friday, December 9, 2011

Basil Sausage fry

Time has changed. Its 10:30 in the morning here, and back there in India its around 10 at night. I guess my blogging timing has not changed yet. Hubby is off to work, there is a lot of stuff that I have to do right now, but I am not feeling like to do anything. Being a little lazy. After a long time I got some time to spend on my blog. The blog , which is a part of my happiness. When I look back, I can see how I used to be so excited everyday when I used to get any word of appreciation from my fellow bloggers. It was a regular thing to show all of them to my hubby and get more appreciations from him :) ....so now when I can't be that much active in the blog for a while, I feel there is something missing in my daily chores.
So today's special menu is Basil sausage fry. For this recipe use fresh basil leaves and you will see the wonder in the recipe. For vegetarians I would suggest try it with paneer cubes and make the paneer cubes a little large. I am sure you will love it.


Ingredients:

1. Basil leaf- 15
2. Salt to taste
3. Chicken sausages- 5 to 6
4. Dark soy sauce- 1 tbs
5. Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
6. Coriander leaf- 5 to 6
7. Olive oil- 2 tbs
8. Tomato ketchup- 1 tsp
9. Mayonnaise- 1 tbs
10. Oil to fry

Procedure:


First prick the sausages with a fork and keep them aside. In a large mixing bowl add salt, soy, pepper and olive oil. Mix it well. Make a paste of basil leaves and the coriander leaves together. It should not be a fine paste. Just a rough grinding will do. Now add this paste to the mixing bowl and the chicken sausages. Mix them well and keep in the refrigerator for a day. This will help the sausages to absorb the marinade.
Now heat oil in a flat surface non stick  pan. Since we have already added oil to the marinade, you can either skip adding more oil to the pan or can add a little at the beginning. When the oil is hot, add the sausages and pour the marinade over them. Fry them in medium flame so that the sausages turn brown quickly. Then reduce the flame to low and keep frying each side of the sausages. Sometimes the basil leaves will stick to the bottom of the pan and can cause a burning smell, don't worry and fry your sausages properly. It will take around 5 to 7 minutes. 


When done, place the sausages in a plate and serve with a dip of mayonnaise and ketchup. Enjoy the freshness of the basil and the tender sausages.

Do participate in the ongoing event Bake with your heart.

15 comments:

  1. looks yummy,,,I Don't eat much sausage except chicken sausage,so this one will work for me,thanks for sharing !!
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy delicious flavorful snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first time in your space...wow...this recipe is quite innovative ...never tried sausages with basil leaves be4....willdefinitely giv it a try...happy to follow u here :-) do visit mine when u hav time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my space khusi .....yes I'm from Bengal and we do eat a lot of Fish egg over here....even in gravy.....where r u from ?do viist my space again....it has a lot of Fish recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome recipe..Looks perfect
    Saranya
    http://foodandtaste.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious!!
    Wish you a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I will do to have sausages everyday for breakfast.

    Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...