Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bancake

There was a small tiff between me and my husband over the name of this recipe. Yes , the final outcome of this dish looked something like halwa...but I preferred to call it Bancake...after all I am the cook here!!
It is a simple dish yet too tasty. But this recipe needs constant attention of the cook , hence , I could not take pictures of every step as I generally do.


Ingredients :

1. Banana (Ripe)- 4
2. Sugar- 90 gms
3. Ghee- 1 & 1/2 large tbs
4. Cashew (broken)- 1 tsp

Procedure :


First mash the bananas in a bowl. Next heat 1 tsp ghee in a non-stick pan. Add the broken cashew to it and fry them for a minute. Next add the mashed banana to it. Stir the mixture well. Cook this over low flame. Add little amount of ghee as required. Keep on stirring the mixture well. Whenever the banana mixture will stick to the pan , add ghee. Use a spoon to mix it. After 10 minutes of cooking add the sugar and the remaining ghee to the pan. Now stir the mixture continuously. Gradually the mixture will turn little dark in color. After 15 minutes when the mixture will turn sticky , remove it from the oven. Grease a bowl with a little oil and pour the mixture into the bowl.


Let it cool down for few hours. Cut it into cubes and serve.


 Sending this to Krithi's Kitchen hosting Siri's Healing foods event.

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious.I found you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this banana widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about banana recipes,thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alisa...thanks a lot...I have added the widget....if it is not okay then let me know

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...