Friday, July 1, 2011

Fish Cake

As a kid whenever I used to go out with my parents on a weekend trip.....either I used to go for idli vada or for fish fry at a restaurant. Fish fries are my all time favorite :) I had kept a packet of fish fillet in my refrigerator for quite a long time. So yesterday when I thought of making some fish fries again , my husband told me he would like to have something less oily....hmmm...now a fish fry with less oil......sounds impossible!! So I had to give up the idea of making them.
But wait a minute...why should I give up?? I mean he said less oily......not oil free ;)
So I grabbed the packet once again and started to cook something new....what about a fish cake?? I had crab cake few days back and I just loved it.....so with some modifications I prepared my fish cake :)
So get ready and note down the ingredients that we will need to prepare a delicious fish cake:


1. Fish fillet- 4 to 5
2. Garlic- 4 to 5 cloves
3. Salt to taste
4. Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
5. Worcestershire sauce- 1 tbs
6. Lemon juice- 1 tbs
7. Soy sauce- 1 tsp
8. White pepper- 1/2 tsp
9. Green chilly- 2
10. Ghee- 1/2 tsp
11. Bread crumbs- 1 cup
12. Olive oil
13. Tomato (chopped)- 1 cup
14. Sweet corn- 1 cup
15. Tomato ketch up- 1 tbs

Here comes How to make the cake :

First put the fillets , little pinch of salt and the garlic cloves in a  deep bottom pan and add water to it. Cover the pan and let the fish boil. After 4 to 5 minutes when you will get the aroma of boiled fish , remove it from the flame and keep it aside. 


Put  a little oil in a pan and add tomatoes and corn to it. Add the tomato ketchup and cover the pan. Let it cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Then remove the mixture from the flame.
Now chop the green chilly and put it in a large mixing bowl. Add pepper (black and white) , the boiled fillets , chopped boiled garlic , sauces , lemon juice , salt and ghee to it. Mash the whole thing well , so that the fish does not form any lump. Now add the bread crumbs step by step and mix every time well. If you feel the mixture is thick enough then no need of adding any more bread crumb to it. Now add the ghee to it. Ghee has a nice binding property , hence I use a little ghee in these kind of cooking. Mix everything well and make medium sized balls from the mixture. Press them a little in the shape of patties. Keep them in refrigerator for an hour.


After an hour , heat olive oil in a flat surface pan and when the oil is a little hot , add the patties to it one by one. Let them fry for 4 to 5 minutes (you do not need to over fry them as it is already a cooked one).


Turn the patties and cook the other side till it turns light brown. Remove them from heat and place on a paper napkin. Then serve them with the mixture of corn and tomato.


Tips:
Now those who would like to make this recipe a little more crunchy and rich , you can dip the patties in beaten egg and then roll into bread crumbs before frying them.

8 comments:

  1. Those cakes tempts me a lot,seriously i can finish them in no time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time here lovely fish fillets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for your appreciation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Khusi
    How are you? I am missing out your posting and had almost missed it. I am going to make this soon.
    Bhalo theko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi uncle ,

    i am fine...hope everything is good at your end...please do make it....you will love the garlic flavor in fish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for leaving nice lines on my blog. Glad you liked the recipe. You have a good collection of recipes too. Great going! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...