Friday, August 19, 2011

Sweetcorn Potato Nuggets

This is the first nugget that I had made in my earlier days of cooking. But I forgot completely about this recipe until today, when I saw the pictures of the nuggets in my album. Though its a very easy recipe , but you will have to be careful as the nuggets are made up of cheese and when you deep fry cheese , they generally tend to burst a lot. So a little tricky nuggets , I will say.


Ingredient :

1. Potato- 3
2. Sweetcorn- 1 cup
3. Cheese (shredded)- 1 cup
4. Black pepper powder- 1 tbs
5. Salt to taste
6. Cornflour- 3 large tbs
7. Breadcrumbs- 2 cup
8. Oil for deep frying
9. Green chilly (chopped)- 2

Procedure :

Boil the potato and sweetcorn. Peel the skin of the potato and mash them in a large bowl. Add the sweetcorn and salt , pepper , green chilly , cheese and mix well. Add little water to the cornflour to make a thick batter. Heat oil in a kadhayi for deep frying. Make small tikkis from the potato mixture and dip them into the cornflour batter well. Then roll them over breadcrumbs. Fry them in oil until they turn golden brown in color. Keep them on paper napkin to remove excess oil. Serve the nuggets hot with tomato ketch up.


15 comments:

  1. A delicious way to eat sweet potato...yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice combo. I love Nuggets and like potatoes in any form.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  3. mouthwater and delicious snack...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm.....reading the recipe and seeing the pics is making me drool ...very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow perfect nuggets..crispy n yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheesy..tempting nuggets...Yummmmm!!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks yumm...delicious looking snack

    ReplyDelete
  8. crispy and yummy nuggets. my daughter would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Different combo... healthy snack.. love it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crunchy and yummy nuggets... Nice one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. My thoughts exactly :)I will send the dry tikki pics Love these corn nuggets!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...