Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Til Ke Laddoo

Though I am a big fan of til ke laddoo , I never tried to make them at home before. I don't like the jaggery version of the laddoo's as it feels more sticky and a little extra sweet to me. Hence , I have made the laddoo with sugar only.


Ingredients :


1. Sesame seeds (til)- 1 cup
2. Powdered sugar- 1 cup
3. Milk powder- 1 cup
4. Milk- 3 tbs


Procedure :

Now you must be wandering , why have not I used mawa. The simple reason is that I had a packet of dry milk powder in my store from a long time , so I wanted to make use of it. Instead of using store bought mawa , I made my own. In a bowl take the milk powder and add the milk to it. Now knead this properly and soon you will get a hard dough just like mawa. Wrap it in a cloth tightly and keep it in refrigerator for 2 hours and your mawa is ready.
Now grate the mawa and keep it aside. In a kadhayi dry roast the sesame seeds until they turn a little brown and start popping out. Let it get cooled and grind it. Next dry roast the mawa until it turns a little brown , keep stirring it or else it will stick to the bottom of the pan.


Now mix the sesame seeds , sugar and roasted mawa. The mixture is ready for the laddoo. Grease your palm with a little ghee and make small balls from the mixture while its still warm.
Since I have used milk in it , I had to keep the laddoo in refrigerator. 


14 comments:

  1. It looks very yummy. The mawa recipe from milk powder is also good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds really delicious! I love sesame seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very yummy, never tried with suger, very interesting addition of milk powder, will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom makes this during navaratri.looking nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suddenly I'm feeling hungry, Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love til ki Ladoo! looking fab Khushi :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to know that u prepared mawa from milk powder.. good recipe.. love it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make these during festivals looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the goodness of sesame wrapped up in traditional ladoos :)
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow delicious ladoos,luks yum...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slurp...slurp!!! Looks sooo.... good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woow its a great idea using milk powder to get instant mawa..Book marked it dear...

    ReplyDelete
  13. that sounds easy...looks really yuummm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy & nutritive laddoos!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...